Frequently Asked Questions
- Starting your scented adventure. We recommend the first time you burn your Laykhaus candles it is important to allow a full melt-pool for a consistent burn each time and to mitigate the tunneling effect.
- What is the Tunneling? This is where you only burn your candle for a short amount of time and the wick burns straight down the center, instead of creating a full pool of melted wax across the entire surface, just like a shimmering lake!
- Wick care? To make the most of your candles, we recommend you trim the wick to ¼ inch before every burn. This will prevent the mushrooming effect (yes that is candle terminology!) which is essentially a build up on the end of the wick and will allow you to have a gentle burn with a nice size flame every burn.
- What is the lifetime of your candles? We recommend burning your candles within one year for peak performance.
- Where is my order? Due to COVID 19 please allow 2-5 days for orders to process, you will receive notification when your order has been shipped. Please bare with us whist we prepare and process your order and in advance we apologize for any delays experienced. We are doing everything we can to reduce the order processing time.
- How can I update my order? As soon as possible please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to change your order. We will do our best to process your request.
Do you do private label/custom scents?
We do not offer custom labelling options for our products.
Do you offer bulk discounts for my wedding/event/corporate gift?
Yes, if you would like to order a minimum of 24 pieces of one style/scent. Please email email@example.com for information on bulk orders.
Can you donate candles for my event?
As a small company, we are unable to donate candles for swag bags/events. If you would like to purchase them at bulk prices, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We do work with charitable partners who align with our values.
- Do you wholesale? Yes! Please fill out this form to be considered as a wholesale partner.
- Where can I buy your products or smell your scents in person? You can sample our scents at our market events in person, check our socials for dates. You can also check our stockists page.
Do you offer samples?
We are working on plans for a sampler set in 2022. So sign up for our mailing list to be in the know.
- When will my credit card be charged? Your credit card will be charged as soon as your order is accepted and processed.
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or debit cards.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we ship worldwide. You will be able to see the total landed cost of your order at checkout. You can view our shipping policies here. Customers are responsible for paying all duties and charges incurred for shipping. See our shipping policy here
- How can I edit my shipping address? If you notice your order is shipping to an incorrect address, please email email@example.com as soon as possible. We will do our best to update your order to ensure you receive the order to the correct address.
- Can I pick my order in person? We are not currently offering a pick up or drop off service due to COVID 19.
Return and Exchanges:
Can I return my candle?
Please see our Shipping and Return policies page here.
- Do you have a referral program? We are currently working on our referral program, sign up to our mailing list for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.